Top Ten Most Ridiculous and Amazing Things Grace Jones Said Between Songs at the Roseland, NYC, Saturday October 27 2012
October 30th, 2012
Saturday night I was so so so fortunate to attend the Grace Jones concert at the Roseland, which, needless to
say to anyone who knows the genius that is Grace, was amazing. There’s tons of photos and videos out there (here are some) of her great clothes (her act contained APPROXIMATELY ONE MILLION COSTUME CHANGES).
So there’s not much I can add, except to say that her banter with the crowd (and her vendetta against the man working her spotlights) was worth the price of admission all on its own.
Here, then, are the ten most ridiculous and amazing things Grace Jones said at the Roseland on October 27, 2012.
- “Down, girl!” [to her lady parts] “A bitch is hungry!”
- “Oh my God, I need to suck a dick.”
- “Oh shit, I missed the whole song. I thought we were doing the long version!” [during THIS epic amazing performance of my absolute favorite song of hers, La Vie en Rose]
- “Hello, Mr. Union Man working the lights - can I get the spotlight just on me? [gestures to empty space next to her] There’s no one over here.”
- “What is his problem? He must be up there getting a blowjob.”
- “Oh, now he hears me. Are you finished up there? Did you cum? Did they swallow?”
- “Yes, you sexy mama.” [to the lady who brings her a glass of red wine] “My lesbian moments coming out.”
- “Some hurricane is supposed to hit New York City. That bitch is following me!”
- “I’m a church girl. [indicates extremely revealing and vaguely Satanic outfit] This is what I wear to church.”
- “I KEEP IT TIGHT!”